Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?

• dyson
  • dyson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135794 by dyson
Is New Tribe Europe friendly ? was created by dyson
Hi climbers !

I come to ask you about NT paddles certification in Europe.
I've asked some professional french climbers an they don't know, mainly because NT isn't distributed in Eu so they don't even know about the existence of this brand when it comes to harnesses.
I've asked NT and still have no answer.
So I come to you because many of TCI climbers use NT paddles.

What I would like to know is if NT paddles are in conformity with european norms such as EN-12277 or 361, 358, 352-1... wathever wich could allow me to use it personnaly and in a collectivity based on European soil.

Thanks a lot by advance for your answers !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #135795 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
I would contact New Tribe directly.
-AJ

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135796 by dyson
Replied by dyson on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
Tanks, I've done that this weeck end, they may be busy cause I've not received any answer yet. As I'm a little in hurry to take my paddle I'm hasking here as I know many TCI climbers use this brand.

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135797 by dyson
In a way I start to have an answer to my question... NT site is unable to calculate shiping too France, I've send a mail as they ask to do: no answer, not even an automatic one. (oh and still no answer about security references, and no ref of any kind on their site...).

It's possible they are so busy that they don't have time to run their online shop. I don't know ...there could be many reasons but as on their site they don't say a thing about what's happening to them, I can't figure it out.
I let them a last chance and if they still don't answer i'll start to feel that more than not european friendly they are not professionnal, at least not the kind of professionnals I like to work with. They are lucky that i really like their products, usually this kind of trouble p me off really fast.

More
11 years 11 months ago #135798 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
They've always been very responsive to my questions in the past. I know that they've been moving away from retail, for example they've been selling their harnesses through U.S. online arborist suppliers like wesspur.com and treestuff.com. I think those would be good places to check for shipping to Europe.

I know NT harnesses have met all the U.S. safety requirements, I'll take a look at one of my NT harnesses later today to see if there are any European safety certification markings on them.
-AJ

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135799 by dyson
Oh thanks a lot Moss!

They may be too busy so I'll follow your advice and go with wesspur. I would prefer to deal directly with NT as I would like later to make some bigger deals, but hey above all I want to climb :)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #135800 by Treezybreez
Replied by Treezybreez on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
You could try a Petzl Sequoia saddle; they are located right there in France. I have one and love it. It offers flexibility, comfort, and light weight. I only wish it had slightly comfier leg pads.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Treezybreez.

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135801 by dyson
Hi there :)

I've tryed it, as the Meleze too. I must admit that the twist version is really comfortable and gives a great agility. But what a price and how bulky this is ! Do you enjoy sleeping in a tree boat or a porta with it ?
Abies makes comfortable harnesses too, less expensive, a good deal.
But if NT harnesses are that comfortable they claim, for the price of one Sequoia I got two Yellows (great to sleep with).
For a collectivity that counts a lot ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #135802 by Treezybreez
Replied by Treezybreez on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
I own a New Tribe Pro gear and I would say that the Petzl Sequoia is less bulky. Now if you are sitting for long periods of time, then the New tribe is more comfortable. The Yellow Jacket does weigh 1lb less than the Sequoia.

Good luck in your saddle hunt.

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135803 by dyson
Thanks a lot Treezybreez :)

When i said bulky I was thinking about the Yellow which seems to be one of the most streamlined harness I've ever seen.

More
11 years 11 months ago #135808 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Is New Tribe Europe friendly ?
I am not an expert on Saddles Certification but I have three New Tribe saddles but all it says on the label is that it meets ANSI A10.14-1991 Class 1 and 2 Safety Harness for Fall Arrest/Restraint, Positioning Harness.
I do not think that they have taken the time, money and effort to try to get EU Certification- This is a local small company after all compared with the large manufacturing companies in the US and Europe.
I still trust the saddles with my life everyday!

• dyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #135810 by dyson
Thanks a lot Oldtimer !
I've looked deeper french laws about tree climbing gears and it seems that we can profesionnaly use non EU as long as the producer gives enough documentation about security caracteristics. It could do the trick if NT can provide it for each product. After reception of my harnesses, and if I'm still excited about it, I'll send them a request for these documentations.

Thanks again, these references help me a lot !

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds