Questions about saddle options...

• emlarge
  • emlarge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 9 months ago #134699 by emlarge
Questions about saddle options... was created by emlarge
I would like to pick up a basic New Tribe saddle for my son to get introduced to climbing, but I'm not sure about some of the options. Could someone clarify the advantages of some of these options?
- Galvanized vs. Stainless Steel screw link?
- Delta or Pear?
- How preferable are the Extended Legstrap Pads?

Thanks for any information!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #134702 by greenluck
Replied by greenluck on topic Re:Questions about saddle options...
A SS link would be a lot smoother to operate, probably strong and just looks cooler.

A pear would be nice and roomy for lots of stuff. The Delta can be loaded at three points.

You might consider the Net Tribe Basic Side D saddle. I find the side D's to be very helpful during climbs.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #134706 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Questions about saddle options...
The plain steel delta that ships with an NT harness is very good, the default leg pads are fine as is. I facilitate a lot of climbs and that's what everyone climbs on young and old. Stainless, pear screwlink or extended leg pads for example make sense if you have a specific need for them: stainless steel if you climb in the tropics, pear if you climb SRT and have extra gear to attach to your harness tie-in point, or extended leg pads if you anticipate long hang times for doing rigging or other in-tree activities that require you to be legs/feet off the tree and on the harness for extended periods.

If your son has some growing to do there is more reason to go basic since you'll buying another harness in the near future.
-moss
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by moss.

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #134707 by greenluck
Replied by greenluck on topic Re:Questions about saddle options...
moss wrote:

If your son has some growing to do there is more reason to go basic since you'll buying another harness in the near future.
-moss

Very true, something to keep in mind.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds