Discount arborist rope.

• 2chops
  • 2chops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
13 years 9 months ago #134663 by 2chops
Discount arborist rope. was created by 2chops
Here's one yall might want to look into. We have a store where I live called Surplus City. As the name suggests, they buy bulk quantities of pretty much everything. Not one off brands, if you know what I mean, but real brands. Anyways, every once in a while they get in lengths of arborists rope. The longest length they sell is 52'. But they have various lengths in between too. Great for making new lanyards, splittails, etc. You have to know what you're looking at, but lets face it...nothing looks like New England Hi-Vee but New England Hi-Vee. I scout this place often. Recently I also scored 35' of Bee Line. YESS! All at only 55% of catalog list price /foot. I asked why so cheap and they said they sell it by the weight not by length.
I don't know where you live, but I'm sure that you probably have just such an establishment near you. Visit them frequently. But as I've said before, Know What You're Looking For! I'm not responsible for you...you are. Happy hunting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #134668 by greenluck
Replied by greenluck on topic Re:Discount arborist rope.
Does this surplus City sell online?

I've gotten some decent clearance rope from WesSpur a while back, I think it was 51' of safety blue white, I paid around $35-38 dollars.

Anyone else have a good place to buy clearance rope?

• 2chops
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
13 years 9 months ago #134673 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Discount arborist rope.
No, they don't sell on line. They are a local only type of business. Too bd for anyone not from around here. I only paid 27.50 for a 52' hank of New England Hi-Vee. Keep an eye open as you travel. You never know what you might find.

Ron.

• 2chops
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
13 years 9 months ago #134674 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Discount arborist rope.
No, they don't sell on line. They are a local only type of business. Too bd for anyone not from around here. I only paid 27.50 for a 52' hank of New England Hi-Vee. Keep an eye open as you travel. You never know what you might find.

Ron.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds