RIG & 11.7mm Poison Ivy

• GaDawg
  • GaDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 10 months ago #134532 by GaDawg
RIG & 11.7mm Poison Ivy was created by GaDawg
I just recently received the Petzl RIG and wondered if anyone has tried it using the RADS system in place of the GriGri or how it may work on 11.7mm Poison Ivy climbing rope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #134533 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:RIG & 11.7mm Poison Ivy
GaDawg wrote:

I just recently received the Petzl RIG and wondered if anyone has tried it using the RADS system in place of the GriGri or how it may work on 11.7mm Poison Ivy climbing rope?

It will replace the Grigri perfectly well.

Looking at the Petzl data sheet the Rig is rated for 10.5 - 11.5mm rope. The extra .2mm width on the Poison Ivy isn't going to be a problem, you're good to go.
-moss
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by moss.

• GaDawg
  • GaDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 10 months ago #134534 by GaDawg
Replied by GaDawg on topic Re:RIG & 11.7mm Poison Ivy
I got to try out my new RIG for the first time with the Poison Ivy line that I use and it has worked out pretty well so far. I made about 8 ascents/decents but only to about 30' or so with it being something new.
I found the RIG to work better for me than the GriGri like I imagined that it would. It is obviously a good bit bigger than the GriGri, but the size did not seem to matter too much. The longer handle made it easier to control the decent and the positive lock-off feature added some confidence to the setup when I was moving around in the tree.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds