rope and gloves

• keithfernandez
  • keithfernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123757 by keithfernandez
rope and gloves was created by keithfernandez
I am looking for appx. 50' of rope 1.5" to 2" in diameter that will be used exclusively for "fitness climbing" outdoors. The rope must be somewhat weather resistant, friendly to the hands and not too slick (cannot be manila or hemp). It will be installed in a large banyan tree thus it would be helpful if it came with a loop at one end to secure it to a branch. I did this type of climbing years ago as part of a wrestling training regimen and want to incorporate it into the training program for the young men I am now coaching. A recommendation for good climbing gloves would also be appreciated, something that creates good traction on the rope. Does anyone know where I might find such a rope and gloves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123769 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic rope and gloves
Why not just a half-inch climbing line?

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• keithfernandez
  • keithfernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123804 by keithfernandez
Replied by keithfernandez on topic rope and gloves
Rope needs to be thicker for maximum gripping ability. Climbers will go hand over hand with no equipment except gloves.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds