What are the goals of RTC

• jimk123
  • jimk123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126042 by jimk123
What are the goals of RTC was created by jimk123
What are the basic goals of RTC? This forum is unique in that there's a convergence of business and individuals with a vested interest in growing RTC.

I hope that businesses like TCI and New Tribe thrive and profit. However, I assume that at the end of the day, we have common essential goals for RTC.

What are those goals? Though I'm not endowed with wisdom on the topic, I'd write them as follows:
1. Enjoy the canopy
2. Climb safely
3. Make RTC accessible
4. Make RTC popular

Have we defined the goals as a community? I would hope that standards are in synch with the goals.

Regards,
JimK

Keep FIT - Fun in Trees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126046 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic Popular?
I know we've had this discussion before, but I think popular should be written "established", I worry about the health of our forests, and the participants should RTC ever become popular.

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

• slingshot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126069 by slingshot
Replied by slingshot on topic Goals of RTC
Popular? I don't think I like the sound of that' I'm still having a hard time looking at buying gear to do this. It should be a sport where the goals are yes, to get people into climbing(most see it as childs stuff), but also to learn about our environment, tree life, and also to get away from the noise of the ground and to loose yourself in the motion of the tree in the breeze, forgetting all the other crap in life.

-Rediscovery (of nature)
-Relaxation (from life's issues)
-Recreation (of and for the body)
-Refreshment (for the soul)

my thought's as a newbie,
wishin' I was climbin',

Slingshot

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126080 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Well said Slingshot!
All the points you brought up are valid, Slingshot. They certainly are rewards of tree climbing. I have always believed tree climbing will be as poplar as, say rock climbing. I saw the beginnings of rock climbing in the Rocky Mountains in the 60’s and saw the sport make several turns, not always good turns. This is discussion about making groundwork ethics and practices so new climbers will have a foundation to work off of, rather than mere experimentation, which can be hazardous to the trees and tree climber.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds