First Climb for my Brother

• Treezybreez
  • Treezybreez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #135866 by Treezybreez
First Climb for my Brother was created by Treezybreez
This morning I took my brother climbing for the first time. He climbed 90'on his first try. Was a great climb in a Red Oak with cool weather.

I was also tested a wooden Rope Wrench tether I carved. It felt much better than the cordage tether I have been using. The only problem is that it broke, so I think I will make an aluminum tether to the same dimensions.

Here is the link Picasa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #135868 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:First Climb for my Brother
Looks like a fun tree! I like your ill-fated RW tether ;-) The best rigid tether designs I've seen so far use layers of overlapping webbing sewn together. A wrench is in my future, I'm waiting for the next version to be released.
-AJ

• Treezybreez
  • Treezybreez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #135869 by Treezybreez
Replied by Treezybreez on topic Re:First Climb for my Brother
Thanks AJ,

The RW takes a while to get used to, but after a couple of days working with it I can't go back to DDRT. Limb walking is more difficult at first; it feels about the same as trying to jump up and down on the ground after jumping on a trampoline. It gets easier the more you practice so your body with thank you for it.

No more stuck friction savers, Less twisting rope, Less time trying to avoid branches that will add friction to your system, Less time spent trying to isolate a branch crotch and install friction saver, Faster ascent with less effort. Ability to change anchors rapidly, I am sure I missed some benefits.

Do you know when the new RW will be released?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds