• oldtimer
  • oldtimer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 4 months ago #130936 by oldtimer
FDR State Park report was created by oldtimer
My side of the story
First I want to congratulate and say Thanks to Jody and his Supervisors at GA-DNR for allowing us to visit this beautiful FDR State park. The facilities are great and there were plenty of wild and tamed trees for every possible taste from Pirates to Jungle monkeys.

Second Thanks to Wildbill, Joe, Jody, Jeff Newman and Abe and everyone else that helped to put together this opportunity to climb and make new friends.

I had a great time, made new climbing friends and saw many of the old ones that I have visited before either on line or at previous get togethers. As usual the friendship was plentiful and the camaraderie and sharing of ideas was expansive like the place we were meeting 10-thousand acres is a large place!.

The Falconry and Birds of Pray Presentations were a great bonus to me also. Very, very Nice indeed.

The weather was cool but comfortable, the cabins very nice, comfortably clean and easy to reach. The food masterly prepared by the local climbers and helpers was excellent. A Great Arrrrr Matey! and Hooray for your labor.

I get a great satisfaction from these rendezvous of climbers because it is a great opportunity for those of us that mostly climb along to meet together with other people and compare notes and learn from everyone while having a lot of fun in a beautiful place. It was priceless to me anyway! Finally had the opportunity to use a Sidewinder nice tool! We all always learn more in moments of enjoyment.

My climbing gear was still traveling somewhere between Atlanta, Dallas and Austin but that is a great opportunity for me to buy some more if that one set completely goes into a black hole in airline heaven. ( Gear showed up Later) Specially since I won the Gear Rater Contest at the TCI board for submitting many Ratings of some of the gear listed on that site..... Yeah baby! The benefits of membership pay up again!

I forgot ... there were many more attractive ladies this time than I ever seen before at previous Rendezvous. Niiiice!

I am already saving for the next one Annual Pirates Meeting at FDR Park!
Please Post your pictures on Flikr site so that everyone can see them please!

For those that were not there ..... You missed a good one. !!!!!! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #130939 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:FDR State Park report
Thanks for posting the report Oldtimer, wish I could've made it.
-moss

More
16 years 4 months ago #130944 by Wildhare
Replied by Wildhare on topic Re:FDR State Park report
And the drumming was AWESOME!

Becki

More
16 years 4 months ago #130945 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:FDR State Park report
Wildhare wrote:

And the drumming was AWESOME!

Becki

That does it, now I'm really feeling the pain!
-moss

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds