Geezers in the Treezers/Lorax Invitational 2010

• Naener20
  • Naener20's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 3 months ago #134278 by Naener20
Geezers in the Treezers is a climbing competition in Windermere, FL. It is held annually in January in conjunction with Windermere's Arbor Day. It is a competition where the competitors are 40 and up. This year we are having our oldest climbers ever compete...one age 60 and one age 63. We have competitors from 3 countries and competitors and volunteers that come from over 22 states. Prior to the Competition on January 15th we have North American Training Solutions coming in and doing an aerial rescue class with Orange County Fire Rescue high angle rescue team performing an Arial rescue. Dates are January 15 & 16. Geezer's is free to compete in with only the age restriction of over 40 years old. The NATS training day is free to all. We will also be having a SRT class on Friday as well given by Tom D. We have a block of hotel rooms available for $54.99 a night at the Red Roof Inn. Their phone number is 407-347-0140 and the "code word" is Geezers. Please feel free to email me with any questions at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We would love to have new faces there this year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #134282 by TreeTramp
WOW this is great --

check it out and look for reasons to be in FL in January!!

http://www.town.windermere.fl.us/Minutes/Tree%20Board/09-02.02.pdf

Dan

• Naener20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 3 months ago #134284 by Naener20
You can also find additional information on the facebook site.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geezers-Tree-Climbing-Comp/197223967039

More
14 years 3 months ago #134287 by Tom Dunlap
I'm teaching and SRT workshop at the Geezers.

I'll have at least two, maybe three Unicenders available for flying.

See you there!

Tom

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #134296 by fireax
Huh? 40 is a Geezer? Man, I dont think I started geezing until I was about 50.

After the open heart surgery at 60, though, maybe I could be competitive.

No, maybe not. Got a re-built engine, but maybe ought to break it in a little and road test it before I put it on the track.

• Naener20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 3 months ago #134297 by Naener20
The over 40's came up with the name... B)

Tom how are you feeling?

More
14 years 3 months ago #134298 by Tom Dunlap
doing ok considering....

i'll know more after talking w the ortho dr tomorrow

more info

http://tinyurl.com/yj2k9bc

or---the treebuzz threads '11 stitches' in awakenings

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #134299 by oldtimer
Hello Tom, I am sorry to heard about your hand accident. I hope you fully recover soon and get back in the saddle. I am sure the Geezers in Florida will miss your SRT Demonstration.
Hope to see you gory photos to use as a training aid about Wood Splitter proper safety procedures.

Gell Well, Happy Holidays and New Year 2010.

Are you staying in Austin still? Give me a ring. I am Off starting Thursday maybe I go down to South Autin for a visit. :angry:

More
14 years 2 months ago #134307 by oldtimer
I have not seen any postings lately on this topic and was wondering if any Rec Climbers are participating and if we are allowed to climb outside the competition events. Trying to figure out if I go just to have fun and meet new people.
Anybody else going?????????

• Naener20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 2 months ago #134308 by Naener20
We have a couple rec climbers that are participating in the competition. We are all there for the fun of the event and the learning experience. On the teardown day we have rec climbing. That would be Jan. 17. I would encourage you to come down. It really is a great group of people and we have some of the best climbers nationwide and from England that will be down here! Josephine from England will be here and she placed 3rd in the International in foot lock (I could be wrong on her placement) as her partner John (?) will be climbing in the competition. If you have any questions feel free to call me at 407-509-4805.

More
14 years 2 months ago #134310 by oldtimer
I think some of the Pathfinder Team in St Pete may be going from one e-mail I got. Maybe the next time I will check it out. I attended the TX-TCC Competition in Forth Worth a couple of years back and it was a lot of fun seeing the Arborists competing and winning. Lots of new gear and set ups for climbing.
I Wish you guys a great Productive and Safe New Year 2010!

Enjoy the Geezers Comp. :laugh:

• Naener20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 2 months ago #134312 by Naener20
I am not sure who the Pathfinder Team is but I know of two guys coming from St Pete. Maybe they are the same. I will have to ask them if they are from the Pathfinder Team. I am still pretty new to all of this. My husband has been an arborist for 12 years but I have only been "helping" for the past 3 years. So much to learn! Hope you can come next year. It is usually the 3rd Saturday of January!

More
14 years 2 months ago #134363 by oldtimer
Saw the photos you guys posted at TREEBUZZ and looks like you had a large group as in the past years. A regular family event with the kids climbing and the Geezers Competing - Great Job.

• Naener20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 2 months ago #134374 by Naener20
It really was an amazing event. The best event for us to date! I will put information down about next year as soon as I have it! B)

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds