Kudos and Thanks--ISA "Fun Climb"

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #133941 by patty
Kudos and Thanks--ISA "Fun Climb" was created by patty
TCI runs the "Fun Climb" at the International Society of Arboriculture Convention every year. We usually have 2 days and 2 trees with 8 to 10 ropes in each. This year, it was one day with two trees and 15 ropes (plus the usual rescue rope) in each. Despite the one-day limitation, we were able to put a total of 164 people on rope without a hitch (um, pardon the pun) -- more than we've ever "climbed" before at an ISA event.

We were able to do this only because we had spectacular help.

Unlike previous years, when we've had 2 TCI instructors, some volunteers saddling people up, and me up front coordinating and registering folks, this year we had no less than 3 instructors -- Tom Coffin, Peter Jenkins (aka Treeman), and Harv Teitelbaum (aka Ponderosa) -- and 4 facilitators -- Paul Buck, Daryl Essensa, Andrew Joslin (aka Moss), and Beth Sayers -- under the trees; 4 really good volunteers on the gear tarp getting climbers ready; and Stephanie Coffin, Hillary Cohen and me (aka Curly) up front. WHAT A FABULOUS TEAM! Everyone except Treeman, Tom, and Patty was a volunteer; and without exception, everybody worked their patooties off (incredibly hard) throughout the entire day. It was an unreal experience for all of us.

Of course it helped enormously to have a great group at the ISA who were enormously cooperative and easy to work with behind the scenes. Thanks very much, especially to Kara, who left no stone unturned to help us make the Fun Climb so successful.

Needless to say, Peter and I are very grateful for every ounce of help that we got. Congratulations to all on an event that was the highlight of many a child's and adult's day at the ISA Convention.

Thanks and Kudos.

Patty Jenkins
TCI Administrator
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by patty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #133944 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: Kudos and Thanks--ISA "Fun Climb"
Nice report Patty .
I am glad that you received great assistance from all the parties. You make it look easy but this type of event is lot of work and TCI always comes thru with Flying Colors.
Congratulations on another great "Fun Climb" event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds