DRT Rescue Workshop

• tengu12
  • tengu12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #132632 by tengu12
DRT Rescue Workshop was created by tengu12
A Doubled Rope Technique Rescue workshop.
This open workshop is geared towards facilitators and instructors who are wanting to polish up on their rescue skills, also, non-facilitators who are experienced in b5-3 DRT climbing are welcomed to attend.
We will be reviewing non-critical ground rescue, non-critical aerial rescue, critical aerial rescue and critical ground rescue. We will also focus on mock \"What if's.............situations\"
You must supply your own approved tree climbing gear, if you have rescue gear ex. pickoff straps, running carabiners, rescue carabiners, etc. please bring that in tote too (some rescue gear will be available).

Please help spread the word about this workshop via email list, web groups, web-sites etc. This is an opportunity for all of us who facilitate others into the canopy to practice, share experiences and build upon our rescue techniques.

cost-
FREE for graduates of a recognized tree climbing facilitators course
$25.00 for non-graduates

For those that travel, on-site lodging may be available at an additional cost. email for more info.

rsvp to --
treekster(at)mac.com

Time and Place
Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008
Time: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
City/Town: Fontanelle, Nebraska

http://www.campfontanelle.com/where-are-we.html

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by tengu12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #132639 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:DRT Rescue Workshop
Thanks Tengu for the Invitation. Camp Fontanelle is a great place. It was the first place I got to meet all the Trainers and Facilitators in one place at the Second TCI Rendezvous. I still have great memories of that trek. I wish I could make it this time but I have other stuff going on now and I can not get away.

I hope many of the new climbers near Nebraska are able to take advantage of this great opportunity to learn DRT rescue. Hey the cost is minimum! - That is a great deal and the friendship is also in abundance there. :laugh:

Hope you get a good/large crew attending. :lol:
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: Corrections

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds