Congratulations Moss on 1000 posts!!!!

• michaeljspraggon
  • michaeljspraggon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
15 years 5 months ago #132155 by michaeljspraggon
Congratulations Moss on 1000 posts!!!! was created by michaeljspraggon
There have been several milestones recently (TCI reaching 25 years, 25 years of me tree climbing (okay that's only a milestone for me!), 2000 users of this forum...) but one I think that deserves congratulations here is Moss surpassing 1000 posts.

Since I rejoined this forum nearly a year ago, I for one have learned a lot and enjoyed being part of a community that reaches across the world. There are several boarders, whose wealth of knowledge, straight-talking manner and passion (and sense of humour) have really stood out (Moss, Old Timer - who doesn't look that old at all!, Nick, Treeman himself, and others I'm sure I've missed)

I hereby propose that Moss is upgraded to 'Diamond Boarder' Whadya think? :laugh:

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #132157 by moss
michaeljspraggon wrote:

There have been several milestones recently (TCI reaching 25 years, 25 years of me tree climbing (okay that's only a milestone for me!), 2000 users of this forum...) but one I think that deserves congratulations here is Moss surpassing 1000 posts.

Since I rejoined this forum nearly a year ago, I for one have learned a lot and enjoyed being part of a community that reaches across the world. There are several boarders, whose wealth of knowledge, straight-talking manner and passion (and sense of humour) have really stood out (Moss, Old Timer - who doesn't look that old at all!, Nick, Treeman himself, and others I'm sure I've missed)

I hereby propose that Moss is upgraded to 'Diamond Boarder' Whadya think? :laugh:

Michael

Thanks Michael! Posting on the message boards is one way to keep the climber community alive and the information flowing. As Mark Fulton said at the recent Rendezvous \"I can climb by myself anytime, at the Rendezvous I want to climb with as many people as I can\". Talking on the tree climbing forums isn't anywhere near as good as climbing with tree friends but it's the next best thing.
-moss

More
15 years 5 months ago #132162 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:Congratulations Moss on 1000 posts!!!!
Congrats, Moss!!!

I'm...

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
15 years 5 months ago #132163 by nickfromwi
...going...

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
15 years 5 months ago #132164 by nickfromwi
...to...

More
15 years 5 months ago #132165 by nickfromwi
...catch...

More
15 years 5 months ago #132166 by nickfromwi
...up!!!!

More
15 years 5 months ago #132395 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Congratulations Moss on 1000 posts!!!!
Hey Nick,
As you notice, this message board has a \"smart module\" that senses false posters. You did notice your numbers stayed the same. Hmmmm...another tactic? How about some more of your good stuff. Thanks or noticing the 1000 post mark.

What everyone does not know is that Moss posts on several other boards as well. Tell us about that Moss. How do you manage to be so prolific? Your technical writing prowess is frankly staggering. EVERYONE HERE AGREES, RIGHT!? How do you do it?

My mom, who taught school and taught typewriting skills ( I was an unwitting student of hers too) would ask what your words per minute skill level is at. So tell us. How many words per minute are you able to type? 200? 400?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #132397 by moss
Treeman, you're too kind. I think posting on tree climbing subjects may have improved my writing skill, at least for the \"short form\" style of discussion forums. I'm a fairly unskilled typist, I probably spend too much time online :-) I do stick to tree stuff so I can be efficient about posting, for instance I don't post on cooking discussion forums about \"best pancake batter recipe\" even though I do have an opinion about it. There's only so much you can do in a day and there's too many great trees to visit and climb.
-moss
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by moss.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #132700 by oldtimer
Well my old postings did not transfer to the new board after the re-org When we changed the software for our message board in September 2003, so I started a new count and I am fast on MossyMoss tracks again.

Here is one more for oldtimer :laugh:

or maybe I should use this one:

:angry: ; :angry: ;:ohmy: ;:woohoo:

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone in the TCI Board and to all those people that have provided me a lot of friendship, fun activities in trees, and wonderful Rendezvous experiences.
Thanks Everyone!
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: To Give Thanks

More
15 years 4 months ago #132704 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Best Pancakes
Mix 2 eggs with 1 cup milk; add 1TBS lemon juice and 2TBS sugar.
Mix in 2 cups Bisquick and 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder.
Let sit for 3 minutes so the magic happens.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter on well oiled griddle for 60 seconds per side. They will be at least 3/8\" thick and melt in your mouth.
Smear with real butter and cover with real 100% grade A maple syrup. YUM
See you at the table.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds