...And the final winners are...

• pattyjenkins
  • pattyjenkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #131000 by pattyjenkins
...And the final winners are... was created by pattyjenkins
...Congratulations to NickfromWi and MarkF, our week 5 gear rater contest winners.

Many thanks to all of you who are helping to make our Gear Rater a valuable resource by posting your thoughts on the gear you use. We hope you'll continue to write reviews and read those written by others! As always, keep sending us your ideas about what gear you would like us to put up. We have received many good suggestions and have added almost every item to our site.

Thanks again also to SherrillTree for providing the gift certificates to our winners! We appreciate your support.

Patty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #131001 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:...And the final winners are...
SWEET!!!

HMMM...You folks want to help me pick something out? I think this is a $25 gift certificate....maybe something less that $50 shall do. What do you think I should get?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 4 months ago #131002 by ohiomp84
Replied by ohiomp84 on topic Re:...And the final winners are...
I could always use a few new 'biners

More
16 years 4 months ago #131003 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:...And the final winners are...
I used my winnings to buy a new Sherril's Rope Backpack - It is Cool and I am joying it already! Congrats Nick & Mark :cheer:

More
16 years 4 months ago #131004 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic Re:...And the final winners are...
Hey Nick,

I know you probably have more than enough tree toys, and this being the season it is, i recommend to take your winnings and purchasing the children's book \"The Talking Tree\" and donating it to a public school near you.
Item; #16214

touch others the way trees have touched you

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
16 years 3 months ago #131075 by nickfromwi
I've was going to take tim up on that idea...but then I realized I didn't have the latest sherrill, and the book wasn't in the 06' catalog. I've ordered the recent catalog, then we'll try this again. I might buy a carabiner while I'm at it!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 3 months ago #131085 by nickfromwi
Okay, they are looking, but there is a chance that they don't have the book. So barring that, here's what I did. I went through the book and found a few items that I might not normally buy, but since the money is free...hey what the heck.

What do y'all think I should get. The choices are (in order of page number in the '07 catalog)...

1. pg 15 #30767, Hip-It Throwline bag. $36.
2. pg 19 #31171, ART Double Snapper $51. I rarely get my ropeguide stuck, but it's happened at very inopportune times and TWICE when climbing with Bob Crook!!!
3. pg 19 #30762, Telescoping rope grabber $41. Karina says it'd be silly to carry that thing around for the few times when you'd use it.
4. pg 27 #31311, treeMOTION saddle $489. $25 off doesn't seem like that big a deal anymore!
5. pg 42 #30717, Mighty Mouse 'biner $27. My favorite carabiner of all time. Might as well get another for free.
6. pg 110 #31553, Halo sweat-moving head band $13. Hey, this IS southern CA. Might be worth a shot
7. pg 135 #31654, Wood decaying fungus book $28. I've been yearning to know more about fungus lately. This'll help.

What would you buy? Or better yet...what might you have been THINKING about buying and you want ME to buy so I can tell you how it is.

love
nick

More
16 years 2 months ago #131087 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:...And the final winners are...
Nick , This a rather long list to buy w/ $25 bucks. Good luck and enjoy your toys!

More
16 years 2 months ago #131088 by nickfromwi
I guess I didn't make this part clear...but I am only going to get ONE of the items. I'm trying to decide which is the BEST to get.

love
nick

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds