Hiring climbers ($)

• miesel1
  • miesel1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #127812 by miesel1
Hiring climbers ($) was created by miesel1
Hi Climbers - I'm looking for a few climbers for a few days in August or Septmember to help finish my ecology grad research in CA (close to Mt. Shasta). Details are below; please contact me (Jessica) for questions!
Thanks! ;)

Help wanted:

Tree-climbers (2-4) to help with forest ecology research project in the Klamath National Forest in northern California. Responsibilities involve climbing mature white fir trees (approx. 20-40” DBH and 60-90 ft height) to remove single branches from the mid-canopy for a conifer needle nutrient study. This is a short-term time commitment of 2 or 4 successive days in mid/late August or early September 2006 (dates and number of days will be determined based on climbers’ availability). The project site is located approximately 1 hour south of Klamath Falls, OR and north Mt. Shasta, CA.

This project will provide: lodging in USFS research house, $44 per diem reimbursement, and generous compensation.

Climbers must be in good physical condition and provide: personal transportation to the Goosenest Ranger District (Macdoel, CA), personal climbing gear and protective equipment, and proof of current medical insurance.

Please send a brief description of your tree climbing experience and a list of 3 references to Jessica Miesel at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. For a hard-copy mailing address or for more information, please contact Jessica at (802) 558-0592.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #127814 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic Hiring climbers ($)
That sounds like a ton of fun, I wish I could do it! Good luck.

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #127835 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Hiring climbers ($)
I can do it. I only read the first sentance, but I can do it.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds