International Recreational Tree Climbing Gathering Flyer and applications--

• tengu12
  • tengu12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 9 months ago - 19 years 9 months ago #123876 by tengu12
Greetings to all you arboreal dwellers,
The offical Gathering info. is finally up on the TCI website. Go to the Home Page or click on the T.C.I. LOGO (upper left corner)
We have heard that Tree Climbing Taiwan, Tree Climbing Japan, Tree-Hab, New Tribe, Tree Climbing Colorado, Tree Climbing Mississippi and others that are helping to lead this activity out into the world will be attending. If you claim to love climbing trees - this is a Gathering that you DO KNOT want to miss, we will be transporting people from the airport to the camp-so if you fly you will have no need to rent a car. Send in the application and we will send out the details.

Hope to meet all of you that respond to this message board - lets put some faces to these names and create a deeper friendship!

Adventure-UP!!
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago - 19 years 8 months ago #123923 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Peter Treeman Jenkins to be at this event.
This will be one of the most important gatherings in years. Many of the top recreational tree climbers will be there to take part in the event. They are traveling from as far as Taiwan and Japan. I myself will be there to teach the Instructors Course and take part in the evening events.

Everyone is welcome to attend. It does not matter whether you are a rank beginner, self taught climber, or a seasoned professional who performs the dangerous task of an arborist. There will be good people to meet and plenty of technique and story sharing opportunities to go around for everyone.

One of recreational tree climbing’s strongest assets is the quality of people it attracts. I have yet to meet a mean spirited person that is involved in this activity. It is a community that loves to share and respects others no matter what the experience level. Gender, race, and age prejudice are non issues.

I am not sure why this activity attracts such good people. Maybe it is the ambiance. Maybe it is the challenge and adventure. Maybe it is the tree itself. I just don’t know.

I do know that I am grateful to be a part of a worldwide community that loves trees. The wide diversity of recreational tree climbers never ceases to amaze me. It might be a 5 year old kid that reminds me of my childhood days as a tree climber. It might be a mother who once climbed trees as a kid and is rediscovering the joy and sharing it with her child. It might be a Dad sharing it with a son or daughter or a busy professional taking time out to recapture something they once enjoyed when there weren’t so many responsibilities.

You all are invited to join us at the 2004 Gathering. You’ll find it a great place to meet new friends and share the discovery of climbing new trees. Make your reservations now so you won’t miss this important event.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds