Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

We are aware of the hundreds of spam messages that were posted our Forums over the past couple of days. We apologize if they hit your email as well. The issue has been corrected the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello from Ottawa, Canada (near upper NY state)

Hello from Ottawa, Canada (near upper NY state) 10 months 2 weeks ago #138109

• tmaclean
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I got myself a whole two feet off the ground! The piece of accessory cord that I ordered to use as a foot-assist prusik didn't come with the rest of my gear, so I had to hip-thrust my way up. Let me tell you, I don't have the arm-strength or perhaps the technique that the guys (and gals) on YouTube have. My rope was rubbing against a branch (below my anchor point), so there might have been pretty good friction there. In any case, it makes me want to get a foot ascender pronto. Which foot is normal to use?

My B-53 wasn't all that willing to descend. I found myself setting a safety knot and then giving the hitch a stronger pull than I expected to need to use.

[May 9]
It turns out I was thinking of the hand-ascenders which are cleared handed. Most of the foot ascenders don't seen to sold in left or right foot.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by tmaclean. Reason: I learned my question was dumb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Visitor Login