Single foot, footlocking.

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago #132274 by Culinarytracker
Single foot, footlocking. was created by Culinarytracker
Hey Moss, I tried the one foot footlocking method you posted the pics of. And I love it!

After a little rope weight was under me it went smooth as could be. Also, now my shoe is getting worn in a new spot other than the line that was already worn in from regular foot locking. When I got up to my TIP, I couldn't even shake the rope off of my foot when I wanted to.
However, I could see myself with one leg a lot stronger than the other. The left leg doesn't like to do this so much :)

Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #132276 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Single foot, footlocking.
Culinarytracker wrote:

Hey Moss, I tried the one foot footlocking method you posted the pics of. And I love it!

After a little rope weight was under me it went smooth as could be. Also, now my shoe is getting worn in a new spot other than the line that was already worn in from regular foot locking. When I got up to my TIP, I couldn't even shake the rope off of my foot when I wanted to.
However, I could see myself with one leg a lot stronger than the other. The left leg doesn't like to do this so much :)

Carl

I'm glad that's working for you. Try using the other leg once in awhile, it will get stronger and more coordinated. Definitely have to make a good shoe choice, single foot locking will eat our favorite shoes if they're not fairly sturdy.
-moss

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago #132344 by Culinarytracker
Replied by Culinarytracker on topic Re:Single foot, footlocking.
Ok, I've been doing this pretty regularly now.
I think my favorite aspect of this is the fact that the rope stays attached to my foot even when I'm moving around in the branches. I can even forget about it, climb up several branches, and it's still locked and ready for the next step when needed.

I assume this is what it's like with the strap on foot ascenders as well?

Carl

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #132371 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Single foot, footlocking.
Culinarytracker wrote:

Ok, I've been doing this pretty regularly now.
I think my favorite aspect of this is the fact that the rope stays attached to my foot even when I'm moving around in the branches. I can even forget about it, climb up several branches, and it's still locked and ready for the next step when needed.

I assume this is what it's like with the strap on foot ascenders as well?

Carl

Pretty much, the foot ascender will sometimes come off your foot when it's not loaded and your feet are on the tree. It's been criticized for that but I consider it a virtue, it's nice to get your foot out fast no hands when you want to. When I don't need a single foot/lock I just drop the loop off my foot, it's easy to put back on when you're ready to use it again.
-moss
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by moss.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds