rope walking system

• ziontree
  • ziontree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 week ago - 17 years 1 week ago #129536 by ziontree
rope walking system was created by ziontree
Used the rope walking system again on Sunday. Had some problems
The chest ascender sits up around my face when I am resting- maybe because I dont have a proper chest harness and am using a webbing loop. Any suggestions on a good chest harness?
I not a big fan of having so many(three) toothed ascenders on my rope. Anyone successfully replaced the pantin with a rope grab device eg microcender?

some positives- it did save alot of energy for the later climb, is fast and feels fairly smooth.
Is it worth the fine tuning or should I continue with simplicity of New tribes sit stand set up?
cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SRT-Tech
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 6 days ago - 17 years 6 days ago #129573 by SRT-Tech
Replied by SRT-Tech on topic rope walking system
http://www.cmi-gear.com/catalog/harnesses/chest.asp

that is the chest harness i use, with a delta link and very short webbing sling to the waist harness. works wonder for ropewalking with a chest roller plate.

More
17 years 3 days ago - 17 years 3 days ago #129579 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic rope walking system
Take the time to dial in the fit of your system. A ropewalker or frogwalker will use less energy if they're tuned compared to sit stand systems.

Get the chest ascender connected as low as possible on your harness.

Don't be that concerned about toothed ascenders picing your rope. As long as you're going up the rope they will not pic. If you try to take them off without unloading the cam first you will pic the rope.

If you wanted to eliminate a toothed ascender you could try putting a microcender instead of the chest ascender. The Pantin works too well to think about replacing it.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds