How is this rigged?

• mateo12
  • mateo12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128570 by mateo12
How is this rigged? was created by mateo12

This is one of the photos from Tree Climbing Northwest, I noticed the gri-gri on her right hand side... it looks as though there is rope going to a TIP, back to the gri-gri then back to the climber?? Does this mean there is a hard knot at the top of the TIP? I'm slightly confused b y this... haha.. any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128571 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic How is this rigged?
Where's the pic?

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• mateo12
  • mateo12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128573 by mateo12
Replied by mateo12 on topic How is this rigged?
It's not there? hmm.... it shows up on my computer. That's odd.

if that still doesn't work, here's the link:

http://www.newtribe.com/documents/Berkeley.htm

The caption says "Big smile after switchover" It's at the top of the right hand column of photos just after the text.

mateo

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128577 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic How is this rigged?
My 2 cents worth on the photo,
It would seem as if the climber was "previously" tied in twice. Once on the main climbing line (to our right) and once on her Grillon (gree-on) to our left.

If the photo was taken immediately after a switch-over or re-direct, things can normally look a bit cluttered on the climber. The best thing to do after a redirect (or un-rigging after a cut), is to find a comfortable place to pause and re-organize all your gear so it is not under foot as you maneuver through the canopy and set up for the next cut,
or photograph, or whatever it was you were doing in a tree in the first place.

Other observations. . .
The climber has a Grillon and a daisy rope and a gear bag and some other device hanging off her line which I cant make out. It appears as if these shots were taken at a rigging class, perhaps setting up tree boats. Hence, anything is possible in the way of tie-ins or gear set-ups.

Good Day :)
-Ej-

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds