Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is your favorite saw?

Re:What is your favorite saw? 8 years 4 months ago #134766

• greenluck
I picked up one of these to hold me over until I can order a Silky....Got it at home depot for around $19.99

Power Tooth® Softgrip® Pruning Saw (13")
saws (at bottom of page)

I'll let everyone know how it works.....
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by greenluck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is your favorite saw? 8 years 4 months ago #134767

• 2chops
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Fiskars makes a pretty good product. I've used some of their other cutting instruments, (outdoor stuff, not just scissors) and they work well. The saw you bought looks simalar to the Corona I have. Just be sure to put the emphasis on the draw stroke. Other wise the blade may fold over on you. This should work well for you.

Re:What is your favorite saw? 8 years 4 months ago #134771

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
Agreed, the Fiskars or Corona for that matter are good tree tools. I think the reason so many climbers gravitate towards the more expensive Silky line of handsaws is the tremendous variety of sizes, shapes and functional options available, and not to mention how well designed they are. If you can get what you need for less out of any other brand go for it.
-moss

Re:What is your favorite saw? 8 years 2 months ago #134883

• greenluck
The Fiskars saw is working great for small trimming. I still have to get a scabbard for it.....

But it isn't a Silky........

I'm now looking at making a pole saw out of the 2 poles I received with my Big Shot. I'm planning on adding a 6' pole, Phoenix Aluminum Pole Saw Head saw, and a 13” Fanno Tri-Edge Blade.

I'm also looking at ordering a Stihl MS 192 someday soon. I can only look at the MS 200 due to the price. I will probably sell the Echo I have been using....

Re:What is your favorite saw? 8 years 2 months ago #134886

• 2chops
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
The 192 is a good saw. I have a 192T, the precurser to the MS192. I've used the 200T and it does slice through a limb in a hurry. But unless you're using it everyday, and even then, I have a hard time justifying the extra $200. To each his own.

Re:What is your favorite saw? 6 years 7 months ago #135806

in the tree...192 and 200t..on the ground the 660
these are what makes tree work fun :)

Atlanta-area-tree-service.com

What is your favorite saw? 2 months 1 week ago #138213

• Shanto52
  • Fresh Boarder
Remington RM2599 Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle 8-Inch Gas Pole Saw is my favorite pole saw.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Visitor Login