Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: N.Florida climber

N.Florida climber 2 months 1 week ago #138231

• Woodduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a note to say “Howdy” from N.Florida. I’m starting a little late (I’m 66) but have always wanted to climb, so I’m goin for it. Glad to be here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

N.Florida climber 1 month 2 weeks ago #138245

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
Welcome, the tree climbing forum is slow these days but a handful of people are trying to keep the dialog going, keep us posted on your progress. Are you having any contact with other North Florida climbers?
-AJ

N.Florida climber 1 month 2 weeks ago #138247

• Woodduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the welcome, Moss. No contact yet from other N.Fla. climbers, but our weather has been plenty wet lately. I did get my third climb in last week. We have a huge old pecan in the front yard, so I used the excuse of needing to hang Xmas lights. It was working ‘ til I got jammed in a crotch for a while and my wife came out looking for me. She is NOT a fan of climbing AT ALL.

N.Florida climber 1 month 2 weeks ago #138248

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
Woodduck wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Moss. No contact yet from other N.Fla. climbers, but our weather has been plenty wet lately. I did get my third climb in last week. We have a huge old pecan in the front yard, so I used the excuse of needing to hang Xmas lights. It was working ‘ til I got jammed in a crotch for a while and my wife came out looking for me. She is NOT a fan of climbing AT ALL.

Well darn it stop wedging yourself into trees maybe she'll like it a little more.

Climb reports are a good learning technique, if you post in the sharing section it would be great to describe what happened when you got stuck and how you got unstuck. Thx!
-AJ

N.Florida climber 1 month 1 week ago #138251

• Greenluck
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome Woodduck and hello from Ohio.

Tree climbing is great exercise. I hope you continue your adventures in the canopies.

N.Florida climber 1 month 1 week ago #138254

• Woodduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the welcome, Greenluck. Finally got some decent weather and went up today on climb # 4. I’ll add more in another forum category.

N.Florida climber 1 month 1 week ago #138261

• patty
  • Thank you received: 26
Hey Woodduck, check out the Atlanta Tree Climbing Club page on Facebook. There are some members in north Florida, and I'm sure you'd be welcome to join their activities.
Patty

N.Florida climber 1 month 1 week ago #138262

• Woodduck
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks- I’ll check it out.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Visitor Login