Hello from the Upper Skagit Valley, Washington

• wingtrip
  • wingtrip's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 days ago #138075 by wingtrip
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I worked for Seattle Tree Preservation for 2 years before they were bought. This is where I learned to climb in earnest (though my good friend taught me the basics many years ago). Now I do side work here and there while I am in graduate school.

I want to get better at climbing big trees. I have a frog system for SRT, but I want more practice with it on really big stuff. Currently I have no friends nearby to climb with...which means getting my roommates to check on me periodically when I climb on our property. While I have no intention of climbing alone in remote places, I am curious about what people use for anchor systems and canopy travel (ie a canopy anchor that's untied for DRT when access is achieved, or base anchor and transfer to a rec lanyard after access and rappel down the access line, or rope wrench and redirects).

Aside from that, I am just interested in learning from y'all. I'd call myself a moderately experienced climber, confident but not overconfident.

Cheers,

p.s. I also carve spoons. Any green woodworkers out there?!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 day ago #138079 by patty
Welcome to the Forums!
Sure wish you'd post a picture of one of your spoons...
Patty

• wingtrip
  • wingtrip's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 1 day ago #138081 by wingtrip
Replied by wingtrip on topic Hello from the Upper Skagit Valley, Washington
Here's a couple. The big one is Bigleaf Maple, not oiled yet but with an unsanded finish. The small one is Lodgepole Pine, oiled and sanded.

Also - how do you flip images?!

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by wingtrip.

More
5 years 11 months ago #138087 by patty
Beautiful!
Patty

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds