Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA!

Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA! 11 months 3 weeks ago #137806

Hello everyone, my name is Cory and I am a new climber hailing from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I started climbing about a month ago using DRT with self tending dual Blake's hitches, and performed my first top down takedown of a 45' black cherry about a week ago. I currently manage a landscape company, and plan on using this new skill mostly on my own property (which has many trees). Nice to meet everyone, and I apologize in advance for my noob questions!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA! 11 months 2 weeks ago #137809

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
Welcome Cory. I'm northwest of Boston but am hoping to schedule a rec climb with a young arborist in Sandwich, he knows of some nice woods Nyssa sylvatica (one of my favorite trees) in his part of the Cape, hopefully we'll make something happen. If you PM your contact info I'll try and set things up.
-AJ

Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA! 11 months 2 weeks ago #137810

Contact info sent, thanks Moss! Tupelo sounds much more user friendly than the leaning windblown stuff I'm used to. The trees get smaller the further out on cape you go due to sandy soil and harsh conditions as well, so I look forward to greater heights.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Visitor Login