Middle Georgia Checking in!

• Calico Jack
  • Calico Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #137068 by Calico Jack
Middle Georgia Checking in! was created by Calico Jack
Good morning all! My name is Chuck and I live in Warner Robins, Georgia. I love hammock camping, fishing, cold weather, and the peace and quiet of the great outdoors! I have recently discovered tree climbing and was immediately drawn to it. I have little knowledge of tree climbing but in the military I did a good amount of Rappelling, fast roping, SPIE rigging, and mountaineering. I have always had a strange addiction to ropes and knots and I am looking for good folks to "hang" with. I look forward to meeting and learning to tree climb with all of you.

Chuck
"Calico Jack"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #137069 by Tree-D
Replied by Tree-D on topic Middle Georgia Checking in!
Dang! You're less than two hours away from Atlanta, which is basically the recreational tree climbing capital of the world! Sometimes people post here looking for climbing opportunities, but they are far out in climbing wastelands, but you're set! Hook up with people in Atlanta, and welcome aboard!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Calico Jack

• Calico Jack
  • Calico Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #137071 by Calico Jack
Replied by Calico Jack on topic Middle Georgia Checking in!
Thank You! I look forward to it!

More
9 years 3 months ago #137200 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Middle Georgia Checking in!
Calico,
Have I heard from you yet? Atlanta Tree Climbing Club. We are on Facebook. Got it? BTY- consider fishing from a hammock over the river. Tight line fishing. Make you plan beforehand on what you are going to do when that catfish gets hauled up into the hammock with you.

Treeman

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #137205 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Middle Georgia Checking in!

treeman wrote: Calico,
Have I heard from you yet? Atlanta Tree Climbing Club. We are on Facebook. Got it? BTY- consider fishing from a hammock over the river. Tight line fishing. Make you plan beforehand on what you are going to do when that catfish gets hauled up into the hammock with you.

Treeman

Excellent suggestion Treeman, something I've always wanted to do. Trick is to catch the fish, clean it and cook it, all in a tree. One tip is to use the strategy bridge or pier fishermen use for landing big striped bass or bluefish when there's a long vertical haul from the water to land the fish. They make a landing net that is a hoop with netting, then hang it with 3 points of connection to a rope or strong cordage. The hooked fish is captured in the landing net and pulled up securely to whatever height needed with no risk of breaking line or wiggling off the hook.
-AJ
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by moss.

More
9 years 3 months ago #137208 by DeliaRana
Replied by DeliaRana on topic Middle Georgia Checking in!
Just wanted to say Hi. My husband and I are relatively new climbers also. We also live in Warner Robins. We have mostly climbed the trees in our yard and are looking for other places to climb.

DeliaRana

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds