Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tree Climbing in the Amazon

Tree Climbing in the Amazon 10 years 9 months ago #129861

• tengu12
  • Gold Boarder
Oi!

I just returned from a 2 1/2 week stay in the heart of the amazon. I was working with an eco-village about 140km north of Manaus, Brazil teaching them the finer details in recreational tree climbing.
3 course's were taught- Basic DRT, SRT and SRT Facilitation.
Their goal is to educate the general public about the amazon forest and it's canopy along with guiding them high into the branches of the mighty amazon. They will also be working with canopy researchers in the upcoming months.

Tree Climbing Northwest / New Tribe will be leading a tree climbing expedition to the amazon during the fall of 2008. Once the details are worked out, Ill post more information. There will also be a detailed presentation at this years rendezvous.

Here's a quick look back at Amazon Tree Climbing classes-
homepage.mac.com/treekster/PhotoAlbum30.html
Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Back from Brazil 10 years 9 months ago #129875

• oldtimer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Tengu, Welcome back. That is a cool set of photos. I look forward to the stories at the Colorado Rendezvous. I guess that Manaus is right in the border or close to the Border with Venezuela cause some of my relatives have gone there by car across the Gran Sabana. That is some seriously thick jungle around.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Visitor Login