• dguelzow
  • dguelzow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127679 by dguelzow
costa rica grove was created by dguelzow
hola,
My name is drew. I live on the osa peninsula and have about thirty acres of virgin lowland rainforest. I have been exploring the canopy over the past couple of months and have made some amazing discoveries. I have some giant trees on the property with great vistas of the forest and ocean. Lots of birds and monkeys swinging around in the trees. I want to see if there are any active climbers in costa rica that are interested in coming to climb. There is a lot of exploring to do.
Pura Vida

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127712 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Costa Rica grove possibilities.
Hello dguelow. I know you have replied to our message board Costa Rica contact, crtrdude. So here is the question I propose to you. How hard would it be for some one in the states to get down to you? What would be the line of travel? San Juan airport first I presume. How would they then get to see you? Give us a picture of travel and maybe someone will jump up and shout!

The people are great in your country and very kind to people that love trees and birds for that matter.

Tell us about food and accommodations. What would it take to get something organized? I have had one experience in your country and it was really great! How about it crtrdude? You should be in this conversation as well.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• dguelzow
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127731 by dguelzow
Replied by dguelzow on topic travel
Good to hear from you about your interest in ckecking my place out. Almost all flights that come to costa rica arrive in the capital san jose. This is about a two and a half to three hour flight from atlanta for example. There is an airline that does domestic flights from san jose to puerto jimenez which is the closest town to the property. It is called SANSA. This is a forty five minute flight down the coast to the osa peninsula. I live in cabo matapalo which is the tip of the peninsula. You have to take a taxi for an hour to get to the property. It can be done reasonably from most american cities in a day of travel. I am in the process of building some accomodations on the property. Currently I just have my small hut or house. There are a lot of different rental options in matapalo as it is a popular destination that is just far enough out of the way not to be overrun with tourists. I could suggest some. There are a lot of very big trees to explore. I have been climbing trees just over fifty meters recently. I got an email from crtreedude, but we have not gotten together. I think that he is in the middle of a move and lives a good ten to twelve hours away, so I do not know if he will be able to come climb. Hope he can make it down though. Keep me posted.
drew

• dguelzow
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128900 by dguelzow
Replied by dguelzow on topic exploration
Hola to all,
Just checking back in to let people know what is happening here in costa rica. I continue to explore the forest that is on my families property. I have ten trees that I have climbed to choose from. I have started to spend the nights in the canopy to enjoy the early morning hours, which are the most active part of the day and to see the sunrise. The summertime has arrived here on the osa peninsula which means that we have about three months of blue sky days with no threat of rain. I have been seeing a lot of toucans, monkeys, scarlet macaws and other critters that inhabit the rainforest here on a daily basis. I have had a handful of people out to climb with me so far. I hope to see some of you in the forest.
Drew Guelzow
Osa Peninsula, South Pacific, Costa Rica

More
13 years 5 months ago #134924 by AsydaBass
Replied by AsydaBass on topic Re: exploration
Drew,
I see this post is three years old, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways...maybe you still lurk around here. I also live Costa Rica. I'm quite a bit aways from you, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui is the nearest "big" town to me. I'm stationed at a research/ecolodge called Rara Avis. Amongst other projects, I am also doing some canopy work. Are you still posting on this board? I'd love to get together sometime.
Donald

More
12 years 4 months ago #135626 by crtreedude
Replied by crtreedude on topic Re: exploration
Donald, not sure if you are still around, but we live about 2 hours from you, in the Northern Zone, we also own about 900 acres of plantations (tree) and forests. I am sure we can find a few trees to climb. :P

More
11 years 1 month ago #136002 by AndreaRowland
Replied by AndreaRowland on topic Re: costa rica grove
These were well known for their sporting and adventurous spirit..

family vacation costa rica

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds