Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The future of Tree Climbing?

The future of Tree Climbing? 3 years 11 months ago #136473

• Bushwhacker
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2007-05/i...n-awards-flying-belt

The ATLAS is a portable device that can ascend rope at 10ft/second. Even though it is really cool, I still would prefer the tranquility of brute force climbing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The future of Tree Climbing? 3 years 5 months ago #136956

• bradypus
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Tree climbing has a big default : gear is heavy and we often need to carry it during long walks. This kind of stuff looks to weight a lot, i wont ever change a cord + pulley for that.

Plus it looks going up very fast. That's OK when you're climbing a wall but when you got limbs between you and the top it may provoc painfull incidents.

Plus the cost... i guess that kind of gear is way beyond any classical recreationnal TC adept's budget.

Plus as you said, brute force is a good thing. Good for health (when it is ergonomic), good for the mind...

So no, imho this is not the future of tree climbing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youen
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Visitor Login