BBC Countryfile

• treemacca
  • treemacca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134149 by treemacca
BBC Countryfile was created by treemacca
I've just found out that Countryfile did a 10 min piece on treeclimbing a couple of Sundays ago - did anyone see it? Pls let us know!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #134152 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:BBC Countryfile
It wasn't this one was it? Rob, David Alderman from the Tree Register and I were at the same Yew tree in June but the BBC cancelled and instead did this piece with Rob a couple of months later:

Michael

• treemacca
  • treemacca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134157 by treemacca
Replied by treemacca on topic Re:BBC Countryfile
Thanks for that - still don't know if was this one! Shame you didn't get to do it yourself. Paul

More
14 years 3 months ago #134241 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:BBC Countryfile
Thanks for posting that great piece. Great content and super good shooting as far as camera angles. Everyone was wired up with wireless mics too so you got to hear clear conversations. A real professional job!

We've got big tree tracking in America too. Eastern Native Tree Society (ENTS) is pulling most of the weight here. We are loosing one of our most important conifers from an introduced insect and many of the eastern hemlocks are being measured. We are talking about climbing dead trees here. Very sad.

45 thousand trees need to be recorded? What was that big number again? That's a lot of trees involving a major volunteer effort. Please keep us posted here on the progress of the project.

BTW- nice t-shirt! A bit tighter zoom on the title might have been too shocking for the Brits maybe. But the writing was indeed recognizable. GET HIGH CLIMB TREES We still get a lot of worrying parents comment on that subject line. It's all in the interpretation I guess. It's our leading motto at Tree Climbers International. Must everyone be so serious?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
14 years 3 months ago #134245 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:BBC Countryfile
Yep, Britain is unique for the size and diversity of it's ancient tree population. The project draws on many local projects, such as the Special Trees and Woods project in my area, the Chiltern Hills. Another aim of the project is to give these trees an official status as 'green monuments' and make it easier to protect them.

When we met Rob back in June and I first abseiled to the ancient yew, we were wearing our TCI T-shirts and I explained all about TCI. I was pictured wearing my shirt in the Tree Register annual newsletter, which came out in October. However it doesn't appear to be online yet.

On another topic, some friends of mine are considering buying some woodland (5-6 acres) in a year or so, building a treetop village and running bushcraft courses etc. and this may the an ideal opportunity to set up a climbing school. I'll keep you posted if anything develops...

Michael

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds