DeKalb County, GA Arbor Day Feb. 17th, 2007

• TreeTramp
  • TreeTramp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129075 by TreeTramp
This just was posted at GoDeKalb.com:

Keep DeKalb Beautiful has undertaken a major effort to make DeKalb County a little greener this February in celebration of Arbor Day. Trees make a world of a difference in improving the physical and visual aesthetics of our county.

Arbor Day is a nationally recognized celebration in which many communities take the time to plant the seeds of tomorrow today. In honor of Arbor Day, Keep DeKalb Beautiful will be planting trees during an event to be held on Saturday, February 17th from 8:30am – 11:30am at the Lou Walker Senior Center.

After being entertained by world renowned tree expert, Tim Womick, volunteers will help plant 50 – 75 trees on site. Festivities also include Tree Climbing Instruction, worm-composting demonstrations, and making bird feeders. All pre-registered volunteers will receive a t-shirt to commemorate the day, as well as be invited to partake of refreshments. If you would like to participate in this wonderful opportunity contact our office at (404) 371-2654 or email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Can anyone tell us who is Tim Womick?

See you at the top,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129095 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Treeman is the "instructor" here.
I will present a demonstration but no instruction because they are worried about people actaully climbing- except me of course. There will be a number of tree planters there (I hope). I'll do my best to convert as many as I can to the real thing-climbing trees, but at a later date at the TCI school.

I know Tim Womack. He is a great story teller, arborist, and ususally rides his bicycle in the Tour Des Trees to raise funds for the Tree Fund (ISA).

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds