UC Berkeley tree sitters

• Patrick
  • Patrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128872 by Patrick
UC Berkeley tree sitters was created by Patrick
http://kcbs.com/pages/139395.php?contentType=4&contentId=252302

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• john e routon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128895 by john e routon
Replied by john e routon on topic "Advanced party on alert"
Peter is the back-up team ready to go to assist with the treesitting protest? Let me know when we leave for the site.

More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128896 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic One Suggestion for the Trees in UC
The University of Texas just completed moving a few Oaks that were on the way of their latest 90Million expansion to their money maker stadium. Apparently they paid something like 135K per tree to move them. Money is not problem when you talk Footbal in Tx. They need more High price sky-boxes place for the supper rich to watch the games in comfort.

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128941 by treeman
I believe the Berkeley protesters have good support. They recently staged a support festival and got 200 to show up near their tree sit. I tend to stand clear from far away protests myself. Besides, they are in an area where effective protests were invneted long ago in the 60's. I'm sure they could teach me a few things about how to pull off an effective tree sit.

I was fortunate with my tree sit experience at Connally Park some years ago. The judge quickly shot down the illegal sale of the designated park ground (27 acres) that was sold to the Atlanta Public School System and I had only to spend one night up in the state champion white oak tree. I did get a good idea of what it takes in teaming up with multiple organizations, support teams, media work, phone calls, pavement pounding, and all of the other countless details that goes into an effective activist protest. My part was being the certified consulting arborist, trainer of tree climbers, lead climber, and being a media front person. It took many months of hard work before it went down to the wire (court).

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128951 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Tree sitters web site.
The tree sitters can be reached at this web site.

www.saveoaks.com

They have been getting some local press. The latest was a writer from the San Fran Chronicle. Julia Butterfly Hill supports the action.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128954 by moss
Replied by moss on topic UC Berkeley tree sitters
Some inspirational video linked from the Save the Oaks web site, thanks for posting it Treeman!
-moss

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds