Listen Up! Weekend America

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 8 hours ago - 18 years 8 hours ago #127229 by nickfromwi
Listen Up! Weekend America was created by nickfromwi
A couple weeks ago, I took a couple radio show hosts for a tree climb here in Los Angeles. The show is called Weekend America http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/ and it airs on over 140 stations across the country.

So they are playing the show this weekend. I know in Los Angeles, it airs 1-3pm on 89.3 KPCC. If you click on http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/about/stations.php you can find where it might be airing in your area. I've been informed that if you CAN'T get it in your area, it will be available for free on the Weekend America website one hour after it airs. I'll give the link when the time comes.

Hope you all enjoy it!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127240 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic AWESOME!
Great land Nick!

I can't wait to hear it. Cool, I know somebody famous!

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127252 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Major Updates!
Okay, go to www.weekendamerica.org and the picture at the top is one of the hosts, with MY ROPE, in a tree and everything! SWEET!

But wait, there's more....

If you click the link to see the program for all of Saturday's broadcast, there's a link for a photo gallery, Photo Gallery

And if you're a real internet sleuth, you can find a quick promo video.
Low Res Video Clip
High Res Vid Clip

Enjoy, and make sure you tune in Saturday. Look around their websites for links to this site, New Tribe, and Sherrill!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127253 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Listen Up! Weekend America
Nick,
I’m bubbling over with envy.
Tree climbing with a purpose. The perfect assignment,
It’s all there. A recreational climbers dream.
Nice weather,
Nice trees,
and. . . A great reason to go up.

Also. . .
Saw your photo (and caption) on the Weekend America web site!
I’ll be looking to download the podcast later tonight.

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127257 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Listen Up! Weekend America
Here it is! Now, I'm slightly saddened that they spelled and pronounced my name wrong, but all in all, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Tell me what you think!

Click to listen

It is also available as a podcast, but really I don't know what that means.

love
nick

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127260 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Listen Up! Weekend America
Go Nick! I was pumping my fist, yelling, and jumping up and down (even though I was on the road to Rhode Island) during the Saturday broadcast. You did a great job. Little did Barbara B. know, the Butterfly is the best looking saddle she'll ever find herself in. I facilitated climbs for three women this weekend. We had fun with the "how do I look in a saddle" question. The answer is, everyone looks great in a saddle because they have such a big smile when they'e in the tree!

Considering that a media person may be a little more challenging to bring up a tree you (and they) did well. I really enjoyed the bird song in the background, there was no doubt that you were in a tree. I could ID house finches but there was another bird that did most of the singng, sounded like a wren of some sort, not one I'm familiar with.

Let me know if you want to borrow a helmet next time you bring some climbers up :-) Just kidding, I like the way you handled it, no one climbing over the person without a helmet.
-moss

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127261 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Listen Up! Weekend America
Regarding the helmet, they asked me what they NEEDED. I said athletic footwear, preferably of the hiking style, and a helmet. I told them I could buy some for them, or they could use their own and bike helmets WOULD be considered acceptable.

I was told by one of their "people" that they'd show up with helmets. It was no big whoop. In a part that got edited out, we talked about the fact that Bill is a grown man and will have to make decisions for himself.

All in all I thought it went well. Let's see some MORE video!!!

love
nick

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127264 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Listen Up! Weekend America

I was told by one of their "people" that they'd show up with helmets. It was no big whoop. In a part that got edited out, we talked about the fact that Bill is a grown man and will have to make decisions for himself.

That's classic, never trust "their people" :-)

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds