Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Washing Post will feature tree climbing as the cover story for the travel section Oct. 12th.

Washing Post will feature tree climbing as the cover story for the travel section Oct. 12th. 14 years 8 months ago #122809

• treeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Tree climbing will be featured as the cover story in the travel section with the WASHINGTON POST this Sunday, the 12th! A writer came down and took the Intensive Basic Course recently and has written a story on tree climbing. I must admit I do not know who the student was- maybe a ninja move on his part to get the real low down on tree climbing. I have no idea what will be in the article. I do know that the Washington Post was the newspaper that broke the Watergate story. I trust we will fare well in the writer’s eye.
Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Post Article 14 years 8 months ago #122822

• josh123
  • Junior Boarder
I picked up the post this morning and saw the story mentioned. I haven't read it through yet. Some nice pictures were included, and she even made mention of Tim's tatoos. Congrats!

Here's the link 14 years 8 months ago #122840

• rtrem12
  • Junior Boarder
Here's the link. No pictures though.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20628-2003Oct13.html

enjoy!

Bob

14 years 8 months ago #122844

• tengu12
  • Gold Boarder
Ahh the media.....
I just read the article in the WA.Post, I was shocked, and a bit amuzed by what the reporter wrote about my "Satan" tattoo, ha, just to let all know I do knot have a tattoo of satan on my arm, just want to make sure nobody gets the wrong impression of some of us arboral dwellers.:o
Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Tats 14 years 8 months ago #122845

• icabod
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Tim, what is your tat?

mine says "save a tree, plant a logger"

Just kidding!
Cam "Icabod" Taylor

14 years 8 months ago #122846

• Tear
Tim: I know that it's not a devil's face, but I can also see how if she didn't know, she might assume it was. By the way, I got my first about a month ago. The words "Compassion" and "Truth" on my left breast.

Peace to ya,
Joshua "Tear"
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Visitor Login