Problem with 1st post hope

• alvamabel2018
  • alvamabel2018's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago #138082 by alvamabel2018
Problem with 1st post hope was created by alvamabel2018
Hey guys.... and gals...... I know this is a climbing forum,,,, but I need some help with buying a piece of equipment... I'm in northern Va and have owned a tree service for the past 10 years... Have been climbing since I was 18,,,, now 39.... Was also high voltage lineman for a while....
But anyway,,, to the question..... I am thinking about buying a bucket truck just for the simple fact I have been doing this so long it is taking a toll on my body.... I have made a decent living and am looking to put about 30k into one,,, but part of that will be financed.... Just wondering if some of you that have smaller companies can give me some helpful hints buying one and maybe some good or bad experiences with the first one you bought

I have run a lot of buckets during my years of all this but am leary about some of the ones I have looked at due to the unforseen weld cracks or cylinders on the verge of failing or in need of rebuilding... What percentage of jobs I will actually be able to get this thing to.... Insurance costs... Do any of you rent your buckets out and if so what are your liabilities and the customers ??

I apologize for so many questions but I am really considering this soon and I want the info to come from the people that know whats going on and not someone that's trying to sell me something... And I apologize if this is out of topic for this forum... Thanks much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #138086 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Problem with 1st post hope
Hello AlvaMabel,

This is a recreational tree climbers forum. Most of the people who come here are not tree workers and don't know much about bucket trucks. A better place to get information about tree work equipment is TreeBuzz.

Good luck!
Patty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds