Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are some Tree Climbing ropes "Go To" Brands

What are some Tree Climbing ropes "Go To" Brands 3 weeks 2 days ago #137988

• demmer79
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm getting back in the business after 10 years and I'm curious what are some of the good, bang for your buck brands that are being used these days for someone in the Professional Tree Service Industry? I've always used Samson....Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are some Tree Climbing ropes "Go To" Brands 3 weeks 6 hours ago #137990

• crsp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
i am not a pro but just purchased my first climb line a little while back. I bought the Samson hawkeye 16 strand which is part of the arbormster line. It was just under 200 bucks for 150' and a spliced eye on one end. I like it so far and lives up to all the description I've read prior to purchasing, good notability, abrasion resistant, and doesn't really milk. For me this was a pretty good bang for my buck climbing Ddrt
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 hours ago by crsp.

What are some Tree Climbing ropes "Go To" Brands 2 weeks 6 days ago #137991

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
Samson, Yale, New England Ropes (Tuefelberger), and Sterling are the big players in the U.S. All-Braid (treestuff) has been making some headway, they're been criticized for essentially making knock-offs of popular ropes made by the long-standing manufacturers.

Nowadays it's all about the way you climb. Your climbing technique and the kinds (as well as height) of trees you climb leads you to the right rope construction. 16-strand rope as mentioned is excellent for Blake's Hitch climbing. 24-strand double braids are good for split tail climbing and single rope multicenders. Static kernmantle ropes are good for cammed ascenders and some multicenders if you work in a tall tree area like the PNW or other areas with consistently tall trees.

Check out wesspur.com, treestuff.com, bartlettman.com etc. to look at price points for ropes of different construction etc.
-AJ
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by moss.

What are some Tree Climbing ropes "Go To" Brands 2 weeks 4 days ago #137994

There are many kind of ropes available in market, but mainly three types of ropes are used.
First is 16 strand which has very quite bit of stretch but it is abrasion resistant.
Second is double braided rope which is little more fragile, has a very tight weave so it makes climbing a little faster and smoother. And third one is a static rope also known as kernmantle, it is very strong, fragile but it provides a very less stretch so it is being used for reaching at the top of the tree and not for working purpose.
You can go for New England Ropes, Samson, Yale or other it all depends on how much "stretch" you require is provided by rope you purchase.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by JamesBenjamin.
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds

Visitor Login