• mguevara
  • mguevara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #135941 by mguevara
New tribe fox saddle sizing issue was created by mguevara
Hi all
I am relatively new to climbing and have just bought my first real tree saddle from new tribe, the Fox. My problems that I am just over the waist size for the large so I went with the xtra large. I am thinking that I should have gone with the large because when I do the belt up it will not go tight enough and the Ds are right around the front. The other issue Is when I am hanging in it I am always leaning back, not sitting up straight like the photos I have seen of others using new tribe saddles. I have tried changing the leg strap hight, belt hight, everything I can think of but to no avail. The other thing is that when i am hanging the carabiner is level with my face.
Does anybody have any ideas or experience with the problems I am experiencing or is it just that the saddle is too big for me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #135942 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:New tribe fox saddle sizing issue
Based on your description on the fit, you should be in a size Large belt.

As far as your body position goes, body type will effect your hang angle. I'm very lean, it's easy for me to sit more upright. Climbers with proportionally more weight above their hips tend to find themselves leaning back more. Some solve this with a chest harness arrangement. Or get used to the more "laid back" position.

With a better fitting belt the attachment carabiner won't be in your face as much.
-AJ

• mguevara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #135943 by mguevara
Replied by mguevara on topic Re:New tribe fox saddle sizing issue
Thanks for your advice Moss, I have been in contact with Barbara from new tribe and have a large belt on the way. It will save me a little on the cost of freight to New Zealand to get only the belt sent which was very good of new tribe, they have been awesome with their customer service, nothing seems to be too much for them wich is great for the customer. I have been reading these forums for awhile and have to say its great to have people like yourself helping out people like myself just starting out in the tree climbing life. Im looking forward to getting a saddle that fits properly and doesn't dig into my legs and waist like my old harness. I am yet to put up my first second pitch in a tree and am looking forward to it. I have my eye on a couple of gum trees in the park down the road, will give me a birds eye view of the neighbourhood for sure. Then it will be off to the redwoods in Rotorua to overlook the lakes in the district, or at least one of them.
Thanks again Moss

• mguevara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #135949 by mguevara
Replied by mguevara on topic Re:New tribe fox saddle sizing issue
Well, what can I say ,I got the large belt for my FOX SADDLE today and what a difference! No longer is the biner in my face, straight away I was sitting up straighter and much more comfortable! Thanks to new tribe for their prompt replies and fast (costly mind you, only because I live on the other side of the world, my fault) service they got me hanging like a semi pro!!!still a fair way to go but up up and when the rain stops and the kids give me a few minutes (hours) I will be sitting pretty way up yonder. Still working on my second pitch as yet, dilemmas.. To SRT or DRT after the first set?? I think that might be another topic if I can't find any other posts.
Climb as high as suits!!!!

AT

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #135950 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:New tribe fox saddle sizing issue
Good news! As far as whether to go DRT or SRT for you next pitch... so many variables to consider. When you decide to post on the subject a good way to discuss would be to describe a particular scenario ie: what kind of tree you're climbing, how high to the first pitch, how far to the next pitch etc. This will help to figure out an optimal technical approach. -AJ
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by moss.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds