New member from the UK

• Bofh
  • Bofh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #135843 by Bofh
New member from the UK was created by Bofh
Hi folks, just thought I'd say hello. I'm from Dartford Kent in the south of England, I see there are a few other uk members dotted about.

I'm looking forward to reading the site until my eyes start to hurt and hopefully learning a little. It's a shame that the sport of recreational tree climbing is almost unheard of in the UK, I hope to do my best to change that :-)

A little about me. I'm 41 and have spent the last 15 years working in the NHS as an IT engineer. That came to a halt due to health problems and these day's I'm back working for myself doing property maintenance and landscaping.

I often get asked to do tree work and since popping up in the canopy again I've become hooked! I'm a little too old to be trying for a career in tree surgery but I love working with trees so rec climbing is the next best thing.

In an ideal world I'd have a large broad leaf wood and open a tree climbing company. We all have to dream a little after all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #135860 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:New member from the UK
Welcome aboard. Never been to England, but I have some friends that live in Melksham.

Ron

More
11 years 7 months ago #135864 by Treezybreez
Replied by Treezybreez on topic Re:New member from the UK
Greetings Bofh all the way from North Carolina. You are never too old to tree climb.

More
10 years 7 months ago #136124 by davidgcunn
Replied by davidgcunn on topic Re:New member from the UK
Hi Bofh, British climber here too.

I'm a commercial climber based between Manchester and Sheffield up here in the north. Just come across this site and joined up immediately. If you find yourself heading north drop me a line and we can go for a climb. Some great trees around here in the Hope Valley.

David.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds