footwear

• praguema
  • praguema's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
12 years 4 months ago #135638 by praguema
footwear was created by praguema
I like to footlock up a single line for practice. Only one pair of my boots, which are flat bottomed, hold without slip but they need to be replaced. Can anyone recommend a good boot for footlocking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #135639 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:footwear
I've used several kinds of boots / shoes over the tears. Slippage is probably more of a tachnique issue. However, boots with a lower or no heel do work better. Carolina makes a work boot that has a low heel that I like. I also have a pair of Bates that work great for footlocking. A word of warning though about the Bates. The zipper on the sides WILL blow out on you. They're one of the most comfortable work boots I've ever owned. But I'll never buy another pair again. Granted, I'm hard on boots. But for what I paid for them, I expected more. If you do get a pair of Bates, take them straight to a shoe repair shop and have them remove the zipper & sew in a piece of leather. It'll only run you about $20.00.

I also have a pair of low top, (sneaker type) Merrils that I really like too. Great shoes for limb walking. Grippy. I would also think that any decent hiker boot would work well for you.

hope this helps.

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds