Sewing projects

• greenluck
  • greenluck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #135165 by greenluck
Sewing projects was created by greenluck
A few of my winter sewing projects.

All projects used 1000D cordura/ripstop type fabric, dog leash webbing and #69 bonded nylon thread or 12# test mono-fishing line. Everything was sewn by hand.

Generation 3 throwbag being made

Gen. 2 throwbag on left and Gen. 1 on right

Draw string bag for just about anything

The bag uses a non-backed up blakes. The ring helps you open the bag with one hand. Lots of places or ways to hang off of your saddle.

The throwbags cost about $5-6 to make. 90% of that cost is the lead needed to weight the bag. Any ideas of a more cost effective fill weight/material that stills allows for a compact throwbag?

The draw string bag was less than $3 to make.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by greenluck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #135189 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Sewing projects
I recently made 2 throw bags out of the heavy duty, cordura nylon seat cover from a truck that I sold last year. I also made a cargo pouch from the same material. Treeman saw the pouch last year. I have lots of material left for future such projects. My throw bags only cost me a few bucks also. and that was for the steel shot and rings. Nice job on the project. Looks good. Just make sure you do atleast a sturdy double stitching on the throw bags. My 1st attempt blew out while setting up for a beginners climb. Nothing like having 12oz. of ball bearings come raining down on you unexpectedly. Wear your safety glasses the first couple of tosses just to be sure. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds