Permission to climb trees. It’s still hard!

More
13 years 1 month ago #135224 by 2chops
Nice report greenluck. There aren't any "no climbing" ordinences on the books in my town. But in the past I was given the verbal no go by the Streets & Parks general forman. However, last year while we were in the process of trying to procure a tree to use for our climbing academy, he has started to change his tune. Infact he was the one who suggested the parks that we may now use. His change of mind has come about largely in part to hearing repeatedly, exactly what tree climbing is, how we take care of the trees, the safety of our equipment, ... I think a lot of the resistance is simply a matter of the old "why would you want to do that." or "We never did that before." mindset. Like you, I too offered to put the powers that be on rope. Some of them still think I'm a little goofy. But they're comming around. It's all just amatter of good PR and time.

Again, nice report.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #135267 by treeman
Greenluck,
That was a superb piece of story writing! I don't think any story writer could have done better.

I am developing a podcast show; "The Tree Climbing Show." I would like permission to read your posting on one of my segments. Your writing is that good! Is that OK? I will give you full credit. I don't however know your ...............uhhhhhh how do I say this........real name. Climbing names are such a mainstay here.

Tell me what you think. It will be a while before I air it. I'm still in the recording/ development stage now.

Pssssst- you really do have talent. I hope you write more.

Peter Treeman Jenkins

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #135383 by greenluck
Feel free to use the story as you wish. As for credit, none is needed, required or desired. If you need a name to attach to the story, Greenluck will do.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds