Has the downturn economy affected your climbing?

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
14 years 9 months ago #133848 by treeman
I have been wondering if the economy has affected your climbing?

Are you climbing more or less? Are you climbing close to home more or venturing out more?

Are you gearing up or holding steady with what you have? I doubt many of you climbers are selling off your gear, but I might be wrong. I have no idea.

I have always held the notion that tree climbing might increase with poorer economic times in that trees are easier to find for adventure and escape purposes.

So how is it for you?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #134474 by 2chops
The downturn in the economy has definately generated an up-swing in my climb time. I've been perminately laid off. No tears shed here though. My last day of work was 12-23 09. The week after Christmas we had some decent weather here in PA, sunny and around 35 degreesF as I remember it. So I went for an end of year climb in one of my favorite sycamores near my house. I did right of way clearence for PPL, so climbing in harsh weather is no big deal. You just dress for the occasion. I have managed to get at least one rec. climb in each week since. My wife hasn't complained about it. Especially since I keep up with the house work and have her favorite latte' waiting for her when she gets home from work. What a Gal! :)

More
14 years 1 week ago #134487 by fireax
treeman wrote:

I have been wondering if the economy has affected your climbing?

....Are you gearing up or holding steady with what you have? ...

I hope it has not led me to make a bad decision. I was looking at my 5 year old Blue Streak this afternoon as I worked it around a particularly dry, hard, sharp fat pine knot and wondering how long it could take the abuse.

I'm "... holding steady with what have..." when maybe I should be replacing that Blue Streak.

More
14 years 6 days ago #134493 by oldtimer
The economy has not affected this area that much but my climbing is less now due to the cool weather and other(being sick) excuses.
Going to a Virginia in April to Climb at Bob's place. :laugh:

More
14 years 10 hours ago #134502 by FriendyAnil
Replied by FriendyAnil on topic Re:Has the downturn economy affected your climbing?
Thanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!
north vancouver florist

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds