orientation of biner on New tribe harness

• ziontree
  • ziontree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130194 by ziontree
At work I use a Buckingham that orientates my biner parallel to my body while my New Tribe 'Tengu' (favorite harness) orientates it perpendicular.

I have been trying out different friction hitches lately on my 'Tengu' and the orientation can limit how they work.
anyone else have orientation issues?
How did you get around it?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130195 by moss
You can try putting a swivel on the screwlink and attach to that. The large size 36k Petzl swivel accepts 3 biner attachments on one end of the swivel. This is very good when you're double crotched, you can pivot 360 degrees under the swivel. Some climbers don't like that much rotational freedom while they're on rope. It should help get your biner in the right position for a closed hitch.
-moss

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130271 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic orientation of biner on New tribe harness
My first choice for gate position is to have the gate towards my body. On some harnesses or climbing configurations this isn't possible. If I need to change the 'phase' of a biner 90 degrees I'll use a small shackle, ring or screwlink on the harness.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
13 years 5 months ago #134921 by 2chops
Another option is to get a small Paw by Petzl. I've just started to using the N.T. harness for my rec. needs. I love it! But two small issues for me are: 1. I too like my biner being oriented horizontal to my torso,(like on my work saddle). 2. I often use a split tail system, and the delta link makes for a bit of a tight fit when using 2 or more biners when going up.

I don't have a Paw yet. But it's on my Christmass list. I definately want one.

Ron

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds