Teh tree was moving around something.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122817 by treeman
Teh tree was moving around something. was created by treeman
Wow! Thats a pretty wild looking pine tree. The tree was certainly moving around something. Did there used to be a house or some object the tree had to dodge? What is the history of why the tree had to move over a foot or so? No doubt the tree was very young when it started this path. My guess is it moved over to get around a wall or building. Trees do not waste energy. I see a lot of interesting growth patterns as I inspect trees at peoples residences. It is one of the things a certified arborist does. It sometimes involves a bit of detective work to figure out why a tree makes a decision on a growth pattern. Trees may not be fast in their reactions but they are shure nuff sure in adapting to their surroundings. Thanks for sharing the pic!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122827 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic 12 years is too new.
This tree took a few decades to grow like this I'll bet. Maybe an old building or wall long ago?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122830 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Teh tree was moving around something.
My guess is that there was a fence rail buried inside there. The tree started to swallow and go around the rail (like those wooden fences with vertical posts every eight feet and 3 horizontal rails between each post). Then they cut out the fence 12 years ago to build the new apts, the tree continued growing over the fence "stubs" that we can no longer see.

That's my guess. :P

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122861 by ksec123
Replied by ksec123 on topic neat
Im not sure how this happened but its definetely unique. :o

KM

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122862 by ksec123
Replied by ksec123 on topic btw
Thats a pic of my wife and daughter at a local state park. Beaver Creek in eastern Ohio. We love it there.

KM

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds