• nztoddy
  • nztoddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #137570 by nztoddy
Re-pitching problem was created by nztoddy
Hi all.
I'm in a bit of a delema, I am climbing on a new tribe tree fox saddle and very much enjoying every part of climbing(apart from the hight issue which I am using moss's technique to overcome) that being said I generally use the Yo Yo style of climbing but have just started using the distel hitch on a double ended lanyard for moving around the lower branches of a tree in my back yard to try and get use to re-pitching to give me more assess into the higher canapy. I am liking the friction hitches for there ease of use, and the double lanyard works well, it's 13 meters long so it gives me plenty of rope to play with in the environment that I am practicing climbing at the moment. The problem I am having is I don't have enough room on my delta to easily accomodate four carabiners, it gets very cramped which I'm not happy with. Apart from sending it back to new tribe to sew on a rigging plate would anybody have or had a similar problem that they have overcome and would care to share? I have thought about an endless ring with a rigging plate or one of the plates with a swivel but would like some more experienced input before I envest in a fruitless excersize.
Any advice would be appreciated.

AT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #137571 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re-pitching problem
I have a simple solution, will post photos etc. later, thx.
-AJ

• nztoddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #137572 by nztoddy
Replied by nztoddy on topic Re-pitching problem
Was hopeing you would come to the party thanks Andrew, really enjoyed your video series on climbing for your sister. It gave me more motivation to get higher and explore the canopy more. Usually I just climb SRT, tie in with my lanyard, reset my main line higher, climb, repeat. Slow going and good practice but I'm not broadening my horizon in the techniques of climbing that would make my it simpler and more enjoyable.
AT

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #137573 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re-pitching problem
To reduce crowding on your delta I would do the following:
1. Attach the Yo-Yo system to the delta as usual
2. Attach the 2-1 lanyard to the legstrap D as shown in the photo below.
3. When you use your lanyard attach the end that goes around a branch to your main delta so your lanyard attachment is shared between the leg strap D and the delta. you have to do it that way, if you attached only to your leg strap D you'd end up hanging upside down, not a great way to climb ;-)

I climbed this way with my lanyard attached that way for years, New Tribe has confirmed that the leg strap D's on their harnesses whether metal or sewn fabric are rated to life support quality.

In the photo I'm showing a delta on the legstrap D, it can be a carabiner or whatever works best depending on how your lanyard is configured.

I'm glad you find my videos helpful, climb safe.
-AJ
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by moss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nztoddy

• nztoddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #137574 by nztoddy
Replied by nztoddy on topic Re-pitching problem
Thanks again for your input, I'm head bush this weekend for our aniversary(don't know how I managed to talk her into it

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds