Organizing Climbing Gear

• rob2312
  • rob2312's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #137278 by rob2312
Organizing Climbing Gear was created by rob2312
Been trying to find best ways to carry my gear. I am using bucket for setting line. Another bucket with lid(for seat and storage) plus bucket boss tool organizer around the bucket and my rope bag only for rope. I just feed it in the bag. What are some other ways that climbers here on the forum find easier or better for transporting gear and not having to play search for the tool under a pile of gear? I attached a pic.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #137279 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Organizing Climbing Gear
For rec climbing I'm usually going in to the woods so everything needs to be in fabric/soft containers so I can compress the gear as much as possible and put it in my backpack. For work climbing I use plastic bins and carry them or roll them on a cart to whatever trees I'll be working on.
-AJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob2312

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #137301 by Oldtown138
Replied by Oldtown138 on topic Organizing Climbing Gear
My canopy research project requires me to climb 10 trees a day once a week, so I need something that is efficient, organized and rugged. I use a Kelty 65L external frame pack. I've been using this pack for both my research and rec climbing for three years now, and I absolutely love it. An external frame is especially nice because it holds its shape when putting gear away. It doesn't flop around as some internal frames may. The main compartment stores my rope, throw line, saddle and helmet. The bottom compartment, although looks small, is actually pretty roomy. It stores my friction saver, lanyards, prussic cords, webbing, gloves, accessory cord etc. The side pockets are convenient for accessory gear like carabiners, micro-grabs, throw weights, water bottles etc. Even with all this, there is still room for more if ever needed. I would definitely recommend an external frame for climbs that require hiking through the woods.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob2312

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #137306 by MattT
Replied by MattT on topic Organizing Climbing Gear
If I can get within the general vicinity then 5 gallon buckets, if there's any hiking; backpack or everything in my rope bag. 5 gallon buckets are great to work out of though and to repack.

Kinda want to try something like this out. Anyone have one? Seams like a great idea but never used one.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by MattT.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds