Beener Question

• Erock
  • Erock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #135924 by Erock
Beener Question was created by Erock
As a noob there is much to know about the equipment so here's one question of many to come, I'm sure.

The carabiners in the TCI basic kit includes Petzl Am’D's and a Petzl William. I believe the William is th "harness to climb rope" connection but what would the function of the Am'D's be? :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #135926 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Beener Question
Erock wrote:

As a noob there is much to know about the equipment so here's one question of many to come, I'm sure.

The carabiners in the TCI basic kit includes Petzl Am’D's and a Petzl William. I believe the William is th "harness to climb rope" connection but what would the function of the Am'D's be? :huh:

Am'Ds can be used for the same function. The Petzl William is a little roomier, either type carabiner is perfectly good for your life support attachment to the rope.
-AJ

More
11 years 4 months ago #135944 by mguevara
Replied by mguevara on topic Re:Beener Question
I have been using the pretzel William for life support since I started climbing trees, it feels a lot more solid and locks up well giving me more confidence in the connection.

More
11 years 4 months ago #135954 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Beener Question
Fear not the solidity of the AM'D. I use it all the time personally and for all of my facilitated climbs. As capable as any biner on the market. Having said that, like moss said, nothing wrong with the William either. Personal preferance.

Ron

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds