Hennesey Hammock

• carlton
  • carlton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123758 by carlton
Hennesey Hammock was created by carlton
I've been using a treeboat with good sucess,but I'm curious about the fully enclosed Henessey hammocks. Has anyone tried them while aloft? Can you get into it while aloft and how do you rate this hammock? I realize you cannot be fully enclosed and remain tied in,of course, but can you get into it
while hanging in your saddle and then leave a small opening for your rope? Any feedback on this hammock would be appreciated!
Happy climbing!
-Carlton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123759 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Hennesey Hammock
These are the ones with the velcro opening in the bottome of the hammock. I have not figured out a way to get into the thing while suspended from above. I say it's near impossible.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• rtrem12
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123796 by rtrem12
Replied by rtrem12 on topic Hennessey Hammock
I recently looked at these as well. They looked intriguing. The thought of your tie in coming out the bottom of the hammock seemed just perfect.

I called Hennesey and explained that I was interested in using it at height, while tied in at all times. I was told this product is not made for this. I was not offered any advice or ideas. Even if this was the best hammock made, I wouldn't buy one because the people at the company treated me badly.

I did purchase a Crazy Crib by Crazy Creek for about $100. Very nice. Allows almost flat sleeping with a built in mosquito net.

Bob

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123807 by wahoo101
Replied by wahoo101 on topic Crazy Crib - used yet?
Camping in the trees is a goal my son and I have not met yet. Looking for a reasonably priced hammock/semi-rigid platform that allows easy/safe entry and tie off. You said you had bought a Crazy Crib for $100. Have you spent the night in it yet? If so, how was it?

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123811 by nickfromwi
I can't comment on how you were treated by the people at hennessey, but I have to say I agree with their point. They design their hammocks for use a few feet off the ground.

I still want to see someone get in to one of these hammock while suspended from overhead.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• carlton
  • carlton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123827 by carlton
Replied by carlton on topic Hennesy hammocks
Thanks for the input fellas-think I'll check out those Crazy Creek products now.
Hang loose,er,tight I mean.
-Carlton

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123830 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic Speer hammock
You may also want to check out www.speerhammocks.com . Ed Speer makes hammocks and also sells kits to make your own. I made my own. It worked really well.
He also has another site, www.hammockcamping.com , that offers a lot of information and ideas about hammocks.

• Mutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123846 by Mutt
Replied by Mutt on topic Hennesey Hammock

Originally posted by NickfromWI
I can't comment on how you were treated by the people at hennessey, but I have to say I agree with their point. They design their hammocks for use a few feet off the ground.

Yes, they are a backpackers-only kind of tent. They are lightweight and rather fragile compared to other hammock tents. The bottom opening is a rather silly gimmick. But, the transverse angle at which you lay is pretty comfortable, as it is pretty much flat. I like mine, but I don't consider it a serious hammock tent. And yes, I have used it climbing, but only once where the setup was perfect: a flatish limb right under the hammock to stand on allowed me to enter the tent like I would on the ground.

More
19 years 9 months ago - 19 years 9 months ago #123881 by nickfromwi
Sawmill, I'd like to see more pictures, but can you shrink them to about 25% of the original size? It's way too huge to even see on my screen!

love
nick

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds