• harrywbarnhurst
  • harrywbarnhurst's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123030 by harrywbarnhurst
Whoopie Sling?? was created by harrywbarnhurst
Hello All,
I know that this is a stretch subject to put on a recreational tree climbing board but I am wondering about the usage of the "Whoopie Sling" with the Port-A-Wrap III. The Sherrill catalog has two depictions of it one, a real picture and the other a drawing of it in use. My problem is one (the picture) seems to have the adjustable eye passed through the fixed eye and the drawing of it in use with the Porta-A-Wrap seems to show the fixed eye passing through the adjustable. From the descriptions I am not even sure if you are still supposed to secure with a timber or cow hitch. Do any of you have any experience with this setup and if so could you please give me an explanation?
--Perplexed in PA

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

In Peace,

Legolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123031 by harrywbarnhurst
Replied by harrywbarnhurst on topic Whoopie Sling??
Sean,

Thanks! I guess that I was looking at it wrong. I was looking at the angle the tail comes off the eye (in the drawing). Do you still need to use a Cow or Timber Hitch with the tail or is it supposed to hold just with snugging?

Thanks again!
Have a great day!!!!

In Peace,

Legolas

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123032 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Whoopie Sling??
Nope you don't need it. If you have the time, it can't hurt much to put them, and it might make you feel better at the same time!

I'm sure eventually you'll see that you don't need the timber hitches. Especially when you go to install it around a tree that pushes the size limit of the whoopie!

love
nick

ps- maybe this would have been better under the Professional tree workers sections.

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123034 by harrywbarnhurst
Nick,

Thank you my friend! That helps alot. And now that you mentioned it, I think this would have been better in the Pro Tree workers section. To be honest I forgot about that section as it is not used much.
Have a great day and thanks again.:)

In Peace,

Legolas

More
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123099 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Whoopie Sling??
So how's the whoopie working out?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123165 by harrywbarnhurst
Nick,

The whoopie sling is working out fine. I used it this past weekend. It does make it nice and easy to set the Port a Wrap. Thanks for your help with this. It will be a couple of weeks before I get to use it much more, between the one daughter's Soccer Tournements and the other daughter's Swim Meets, weekends just kinda zoom by. Thanks for asking for a follow-up and thanks again for your help.

Have a great day!!!!

In Peace,

Legolas

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds