Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Climbing Cincinnati

Climbing Cincinnati 4 years 1 month ago #137190

• Mobejo
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking for folks in SE Ohio to climb with. I've been in many nice trees in and around the Cincy area - White/Red/Chinkapin Oak, White Ash, Beech, Maple (one very nice old Sugar), Sycamore, Walnut and when I finally get a BigShot for Christmas (if my kids follow instructions!), I know where some very tall yellow poplars live. I've been climbing for about 8 years SRT/DRT. Would love to share some of my finds with experienced companions. I'm climbing just about every weekend. . .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Climbing Cincinnati 4 years 1 month ago #137193

• Oldtown138
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Mobejo,

I'm going to be near the Dayton area in Springfield for the holidays and plan to climb as much as possible. Maybe we can manage to meet up and get a climb in over the next couple weeks. Let me know if you would be interested.

-Nathan

Climbing Cincinnati 4 years 4 weeks ago #137202

• Mobejo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nathan,
Small world. . I lived in Springfield and went to Central High. Haven't been back in a couple of years; most of my family from there has passed on. If I re-call, Cliff Park has some nice canopies. Not sure if I'll be getting up that way, but if you're anywhere near Northern Cincinnati - I live in West Chester which is closer to Middletown than Cincy - give me a ring and we'll go up. Here's a pretty nice White Ash I have tag lines in that's in my back yard.
Happy Holidays,
Paul - 513-917-6192

Climbing Cincinnati 2 years 8 months ago #137606

• Oldtown138
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Paul,

I recently moved to Cincinnati in the Anderson area. If you would like to climb some time let me know!

-Nate

Climbing Cincinnati 2 years 7 months ago #137612

• Mobejo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nate,
Obviously, I haven't been back to this board for a while!! Welcome to Cincy. Sure, I'd like to get together for a climb. Send me a note to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll reply with my cell#
Paul
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Visitor Login