• Oldtown138
  • Oldtown138's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #137274 by Oldtown138
Replied by Oldtown138 on topic Ohio Climbing
Sycamore,

That would be great, what general region of Ohio are you located? I am in Southeastern Ohio and do most of my climbing in the Hocking Hills area in around Logan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sycamore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #137275 by Sycamore
Replied by Sycamore on topic Ohio Climbing
Oldtown 138

I live in Columbus but travel all over Ohio. I am very familiar with Hocking county as I have done numerous surveys in the area for hemlock woolly adelgid. Thankfully the rappel cliffs are all clear of that. There are some good climbs in Hocking, of note there is a 100ft chestnut oak in Clear Creek Metro Park. It is a hike to get there but a fun climb.

• Oldtown138
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #137276 by Oldtown138
Sycamore,

That sounds great! I would be very interested in climbing sometime soon if this weather gets any better. I frequently travel to Columbus so if you have a good tree in that area or would like to come down to Logan to climb with me and two other guys I climb with, that would be great. We are hoping to get permits soon to climb an amazing 600 yr old white oak in Logan. I posted a couple pics of it under the climber report/sharing forum. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., we can further discus climbing if you're interested.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #137277 by Sycamore
Replied by Sycamore on topic Ohio Climbing
I know that tree! That is "The Great White Oak" in the cemetery in Logan. I measured that this past November and rescued some seed from the mower. That is a really cool tree. Let me know when you get those permits and I will climb that with you. I know of some great climbs in Columbus so the next time you are in town, and have time, let me know and we can arrange something. I have your email and will contact you shortly.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #137283 by stevo
Replied by stevo on topic Ohio Climbing
Sounds good.
Weather is finally breaking, so if you all hook up and venture up this way, someone shoot me an email and I'll meet ya.
Gimme a couple days notice.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Steve

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #137322 by MeisterSOB
Replied by MeisterSOB on topic Ohio Climbing
Hey guys, I am interested in possibly joining you on a climb. I live in Wellington (Lorain) , Ohio. Have been climbing for 2 years, have my own gear, just need to get out more. I do DdRT style, learned from Shelly and Bill Byrne over at Earthjoy. If any of you are interested in having a tag along, please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MeisterSOB.

More
8 years 8 months ago #137372 by karinholm
Replied by karinholm on topic Ohio Climbing
And chance for tree climbing near The Wilds or Cumberland Ohio sometime during July 12-18 when I will drop off and pick up kids at camp?

================
Dreaming about trees!

• Oldtown138
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #137438 by Oldtown138
MeisterSOB,

I am moving up to your area next month and will be bringing my climbing gear if you want to get up into some trees. I will be staying just outside the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge. Let me know!

-Nathan

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds