• Koala's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #134456 by Koala
Hi US arboreal sisters and brothers
I am besotted by trees
I am coming to us in august to do a facilitators week with Tim "tengu" Kovar
after that i would like to climb red woods but am not sure how to access or if it is even cool to do it
I will be turning 50on 10th september and dream of spending the night above the 200feet mark in a sequoia but am looking to connect with climbers any where any how
any information travel tips or other info would be great also if anyomne happens to be coming to australia particularly east coast would love to link up and go climbing or just talk trees
cool cheers
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #134476 by Oak
Sent you a PM. I'm in the redwoods.

• mdvaden
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #134519 by mdvaden
You are thinking of legal climbs - yes? Because the rangers in the state parks are very shrewd these days. We were even questioned after being spotted moving something as small as tripods near our vehicles. They may be on a tight budget, but not so tight that they are not clamping down.

There were a bunch of guys last year that got together for a climb on private land, going upwards of 300ft. Huge old redwood.

Maybe go to atreestory.com and send an email to see if G. B. knows of anything useful for you.

By the way, if you like climbing stories, if you go to A Tree Story dot com consider ordering a Tree Story CD. There are a bunch of pics and stories about G. B.'s past climbing adventures starting from his first climbs back in like the early 80's.

:)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by mdvaden.

• mdvaden
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #134520 by mdvaden
You are thinking of legal climbs - yes? Because the rangers in the state parks are very shrewd these days. We were even questioned after being spotted moving something as small as tripods near our vehicles. They may be on a tight budget, but not so tight that they are not clamping down.

There were a bunch of guys last year that got together for a climb on private land, going upwards of 300ft. Huge old redwood.

Maybe go to atreestory.com and send an email to see if G. B. knows of anything useful for you.

:)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds